I love the word manifesto. It sounds so official. Which is the mindset you need to have as a Work From Home Professional. Whether you’re using your home as a satellite office for your j o b or you’re running your empire from a sectioned off area in your home, communicating your needs, principles and goals is a priority.
Manifesto’s are designed to be widely distributed to the public and therefore are written in plain, easy to read language. This design encourages dialog and makes a manifesto the perfect format for creating a lifestyle snapshot for the entire family of a work from home professional. It differs from a business plan in that it’s about more than just about your business. It’s detailing all the parts of you and possibly your family that create the work from home lifestyle.
Components of the WFH Manifesto
- You may want a cover sheet, especially if you plan to print it and share it
- Introduction – describe in a few paragraphs your intentions for this communication piece.
- List all the goals. Business, Personal, Family… this is your table of contents
- Create a spec sheet for each goal detailing the completion date, activities required and follow up notes.
- Summary page. This is a great page to both summarize your goals and write down new dreams. To keep track of how often to look at your Manifesto list the dates on this page.
I started working on my Manifesto when I realized I spent a lot of my time working or mothering and had very little time for my husband let alone myself. Creating the manifesto was my first step in creating balance. It was a way to list all the things I wanted us to accomplish over the next five years and how my business as well as my husband’s fit into that plan. Sometimes we get so focused on trying to growing our business that we forget to look at the whole picture. If it takes a village to raise a child; it definitely takes a village to support a business.
To Your Financial Health
CLICK HERE to download a Manifesto Template